Soshoku = Plain (simple) Diet
Since the Kamakura era (1185-1333) in Japan, the word Soshoku（素食） has come to mean “frugal meal” in the Zen temple. A Sample menu is “One soup with one side dish and rice.”
Over time, Soshoku became the general home diet in Japan and led to the establishment as of the traditional Japanese diet.
Now we need to prevent getting diseases associated with the eating habit of western culture. Japanese Soshoku（素食） is recognized as the balanced healthier diet and will help to prevent lifestyle diseases.
Because Soshoku（素食） is low-fat and high-fiber diet which will help followings;
– To take out the bodily waste, to enhance good blood circulation
– To enhance the weight loss, to prevent the over weight
– To lower the blood-sugar level
– To lower the cholesterol level
– To lower the blood pressure
– To lower the level of neutral fat
Original Sample “Soshoku” menu looks like this
One soup/One side dish/cup of rice
Motoko learned that healthy homemade diet is the basic for healthy life from her mother in the course of nature when she grew up with her mother’s healthy homemade diet in Tokyo, Japan.
Certified Food Protection Manager,
Author, Healthy “Soshoku” Cook Book